About Registrar of Racehorses
The Registrar of Racehorses (ROR) is a fully integrated division of Racing Australia (RA).
ROR's role is to record information regarding the ownership and identity of thoroughbred racehorses for racing in Australia and for export. It is a function critical to the integrity of the racing industry. Our role and responsibilities in the racing industry are governed by the Australia Rules of Racing.
The ROR is responsible for:
- the original registration and naming of all thoroughbred horses, around 13,800 per year
- issuing duplicate racing papers in the event they are lost
- providing an identification service that can be used to find the identity of older horses who have not been micro chipped
These functions are considered national transactions.
In addition, each Principal Racing Authority (PRA) employs one Deputy Registrar. This Deputy Registrar is responsible for:
- subsequent changes in ownership (Transfer or Lease) of horses based in their respective states
- registration of colours
- registration of Syndicates of owners
- the regulation of licensed promoters (Syndicators)
These services can be described as state transactions.
The combination of national and state transactional data forms complete the Registrar of Racehorses' database.
ROR also works closely with the Australian Racing Board (ARB) to set policy and amend the Australian Rules of Racing that govern the operation of the ROR.
Change Owner’s Details
To notify us of a change in your name, address or contact details, please download the Change of Contact Details form and send it to us with your new details. There is no fee charged for the Registrar of Racehorses to update your details.
Alternatively, click here to provide your complete personal details on-line.
Registrar of Racehorses Login - REGO
The REGO system is the Thoroughbred Racing Industry database used to manage the Registration of Racehorses on a national basis.
Access to REGO is provided by Racing Australia to authorized personnel at Principal Racing Authorities for work related purposes only.
If you already have a user name and password for REGO Click Here